Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Merry Holidays, Happy Christmas

Ok, so those who know me know that I LOVE Christmas and all of the not so religious traditions associated with it (i.e. Christmas Eve Storytime and bed presents) but I just saw the news report (mentioned on Any Day a Beautiful Change ) on "religious" groups banning certain stores because they say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Shame on those groups spending their time and money and effort on this ridiculous request. They need to relook at the meaning and point of this holiday which is not, last time I checked, shopping. It is also extremely arrogant to think that the entire world follows the same religion. Don't get me wrong, I am a Christmas-aholic, giddy at seeing How the Grinch Stole Christmas, love singing carols, and so excited about Lily's first christmas this year, and the first christmas that she will actually remember, but I will make sure that she also knows the real meaning of Christmas and perhaps even more important, the significance of other religious beliefs and the diversity they bring to the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home