Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sunday Night @ 7pm


Every Sunday night at 7pm I would sit down in front of our TV (at first a pumpkin colored b&w thing that was about the size of a small computer monitor) and watch The Muppet Show. I loved this show. This show introduced me to John Denver on Grandma's Feather Bed, Pigs in Space, the Swedish Chef, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Fozzi Bear, and of course Kermit the Frog. I think this show gave me my first thoughts of becoming a singer and performer. I mean, what would be better than hanging out with Kermit? Elizabeth and Matt are thinking about carrying on this Sunday @ 7 tradition with M and G after Christmas (figured it was ok to mention as M can't read quite yet...I think) which makes me so happy. It would make me so sad to think that my nieces and my daughter don't have "the Muppet show tonight!" to look forward too. Although there are many new toys and books and music to entertain our children, nieces, nephews and grandchildren, don't forget about your old favorites now available remastered and restored in a boxset of DVDs.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i *heart* fozzi bear. i got rid of mine so long ago and even ebayed him, but the originals are rare.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

We got to pop real popcorn for this Sunday night event. I remember it well. After the muppet show it was time for bed!

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time to put on make-up...It's time to light the lights... Thanks for the memory!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home