Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, January 16, 2006

The BAD day...

My biggest fear at the moment is trimming Lily's nails. My fears were validated yesterday as she jumped and I accidently cut skin. I have never felt so bad in my entire life. Is she ok? Yes. I just hope this isn't the thing that causes her to wear black lipstick and chains. You remember these things that your Mama does to you...like an accidental chin zippering...it's ok Mama, I think I turned out ok.

Why was it a super bad day? We had to call 911 yesterday for the fire department as the racoon who has decided to take up residence in our house decided to chew on wires to our ceiling fan in our living room. Either that or it was the fact he used it as a toilet. GROSS!!!!! So I heard the racoon, then a crackling kind of noise, then we smelled the electrical burning smell and Bj saw a wisp of smoke. So over to the phone he went as I ran Lily out of the room and got her bundled. Although it may not have warranted to sirens blaring, and the 10 handsome fire fighters at our house, they did find a hot spot with their infrared tool on our fan which they disconnected for us. So war has been declared on this racoon which I have seen face to face as he climbed up my tree in front of my house and walked across my roof to go home-into my home. No more irritating him with loud music when we leave, nope. This guy is leaving, one way or another. Matt, any ideas?
BTW anyone else things the title sounds like a Berenstain Bear book title?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least everyone is safe and healthy.

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TEN hot firefighters?? Boy am I living in the wrong state....

PS Glad you are safe. :)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Your ten firefighters coming to the rescue remind of the night I spilt a glass of lemonade all over the wires behind my computer monitor (you know, in between the computer desk and the wall with electrical outlets...). I called the fire department to make sure I shouldn't worry, and wouldn't you know, seven or so wound up coming out to my little one bedroom apartment to investigate and then tell me everything was okay. Not one of them was kind enough to bring a rag for that puddle of drool I had to clean up when they left. wink. wink.

Glad everyone is okay :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sounds like it's time to bring in the animal exterminator pros. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home