Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, March 31, 2006

Flashback Friday, and other things

Today for flashback friday, I am sharing a picture of my senior prom but to make it a bit more fun, not a normal pic. I have absolutely no idea what we are all looking at, although I do remember it being very bright with the sun in our eyes, and I think my Dad suggested that we look down to rest our eyes...but I really can't remember. So anyone else in this picture have an idea? (oh and by the way, that is Bj standing behind me with the floppy hair :)

The real reason I decided to post this picture is I have been thinking a lot about my friend Jessica who is the second girl from the right. Two of her sons are in the hospital right now with a rare condition called HLH which is causing both of them to undergo chemotherapy and (possible) bone marrow transplants. First her baby boy (eight months old) began to get sick, now just this week her two and 1/2 year old has gotten sick too. There is a chance that her older son's condition may just be pneumonia which is causing the same symptoms, so please hope for that. She also has a five year old daughter that may carry the gene as well, or may just be a marrow donor, whatever the case, this family is going through a very hard time. I guess I just wanted to look back on a time when we were giggling and happy and excited for a night on the town, even for just a moment.

Jess we are all thinking of you and I forgive you for the whole forklift picture:) (a story for another day...maybe)

6 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

alright...i have a lousy memory. remind me of the girl on the left...what is her name? She was Oliver, right? I recognize Amy...and that could be it. So long ago now! sorry about your friend, Jess. sending good thoughts!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Charissa

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What?? No one remembers me?? Just kidding... I think I have an idea about this picture. Jason thinks maybe it was to rest our eyes, too... BUT I think it's HIGHLY likely that Robin (Jessica's stepdad) said a prayer. Of course, that means that your dad wasn't praying at all and was snapping pictures while we prayed... which is sort of funny.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was not...for the record.

6:27 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

Charissa!! hello!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jessica Johnson said...

I don't remember Robin being there, to tell you the truth. I think Jason picked me up and we all met at BJ's house and then waited for the Limo. Yep, my family took pictures at my house. Stop picking on Robin! Just kidding. I was probably looking down because I was embarrassed, as usual, but I don't know what the rest of you were doing. Check out my caring bridge site for family updates.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home