Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, March 17, 2006

Flashback Friday::The Willis Family Secret

Alright, now I am about to reveal a long held Willis family secret...about Girl Scout Cookies. I recently was looking at a pic on Susie's blog and she had a picture of FIVE boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. First YUM!!! need to get me some of those, and second, it brought back memories of the Willis family secret. My sisters and I were in Girl Scouts and we like every other member were sent out to sell...well lets face it the equivalent to crack: irresistible, addictive Girl Scout Cookies. This box at a bargain of $2.50 held instant gratification for any sweet tooth from delectable Mint Thins to Samoas, and my favorite the Tagalongs oh and I love the Do-si-dos. *hungry* So I don't know if it was because our Mama didn't like us to go door to door to sell the cookies, or if we didn't like to go door to door to sell the cookies, or if it was because we were the worst salesgirls in the world, but we never had the amazing win a trip to Europe because you sold so many cookies type of sales. What was our Mama's solution you ask?

SELL COOKIES TO OUR DEAD RELATIVES TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE WE DIDN'T BUY THEM ALL!!!!

I am not kidding.

We sold to relatives that had died up to fifty years ago (or possibly longer) not too many lest someone get suspicious and ask for proof of...well you get the idea. And that is one more reason why I love my Mama-her creativity to keep us from being blackballed from Girl Scouts. Now you know the Willis Family Secret-shhhhh don't tell anyone :)

And here it is, taken at Kent State University in June '87...the Willis girls!

11 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ha! I was totally going to post the girl scout cookie story too. Maybe I still will.

And I am TOTALLY POSTING THE MOUSETRAP PICTURE NOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU USED THIS PICTURE OF ME.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now you know why my weight went from 147 up to 183. SOMEONE *had* to eat all those cookies.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I can't get over that that is Elizabeth.
What is this $2.50 a box stuff?? DOn't you know they're up to $4 now and that just makes me feel so old!

10:33 AM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

Oh goodness. What a memory.

And that look on my face? That just about sums up my feelings toward Girl Scouts. Other than the funny story of selling cookies to the deceased, Girl Scouts was not my cup of tea. Other than the uniform. I loved the uniform.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

$4?? REALLY??

Around here the are $3. I thought that was bad. Now I feel better about the oodles I bought. Me being a living person and all. ;)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, and you better check to make sure your local council isn't skimming some off the top--they are $3 here too : )

Of course, when I started selling them, they were eiterh $1.25 or $1.50 a box (eeek! now that's old!)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

It costs more to live and run things in CA, I guess. They've been $4 in CA for awhile now, sorry to break the news.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

I always knew there was something different about you girls. Selling to dead people, huh? It's all coming together now.

Tee hee.

I think that's a great idea. I'm never about sending small children out to peddle anything. Good for your momma!

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laughing at your dad's comment! you willis girls are so cute :-)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

Hey, I agree with your mom! This is a dangerous world and she was protecting her girls! Dead relatives eat no cookies! It's good to hear that your Dad ate the evidence to protect the innocent! HA!!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger scrappermimi said...

What a great comment! LOL

The things parents will do to protect their kids, gotta love it!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home