Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The quirk (in case you wanted to know)

If you didn't know, I am a musician-a singer to be exact and because of that, or some weird quirk in my brain, I never go a moment without a song in my head. Back in fifth grade during art class I had a song running around in my head...engine, engine, number nine, going down chicago line over and over and over. Someone said something funny and I distinctly remember blurting out Engine! instead of just laughing. A moment that I will *embarassingly* take with me the rest of my life.
Tonight I had a meeting at church...wanna know what the song was tonight?
Movin' on up! To the east side, to a DE-LUX apartment in the sky-y-y-y...why? You ask? I HAVE NO IDEA. Just another quirk I guess. I have also woken myself up singing-out loud-before. I swear. I even remember the song...from Madrigals, my senior year...God Bless the Master of this House...just in case you wanted to know.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a minute! Make up your mind! Are you a musician or a singer? *heh heh*

I once woke up singing "I'm a Woman."

10:56 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?! and by the way, i SOOOO knew you would make that comment...

11:26 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

that is HILARIOUS! I wish I could remember the madrigal song...god bless the master of this house...!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

...and all that are there in-na

7:11 AM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

Love to hear your quirks. You quirky gal, you!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

heehee, what your dad said...
Andy is always singing, too, I think. He always breaks out to some funky song (not that you said your songs were funky)that goes with our activities. An example is escaping me at the moment, though. Recently, we found out more than we needed to know about some lyrics. So keep on singin' sister!

10:55 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

"Be our Guest, Be our Guest, Put our service to the test" That's whats in my head right now. Calgone take me awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This is not a peculiar-to-Marie quirk, as I walk around singing weirdo stuff all the time. Maddie sings weirdo stuff in a language only she can understand sometimes... yesterday I was reading a book to Gracie (well, singing it as it was a song book) and I noticed I was doing the Mama sway. Do you know what I'm talking about?

I guess I was unaware of the snarky musician vs. singer schism : )

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home