Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, March 27, 2006

things that make you go mmmmmm

*remember that song anyone??

Today I had to trek out to the Federal Building to replace Lily's SS card.

Yes I know how could it already be lost, but I was a bit crazed and have put it in a really,
really,
really,
really safe place for keeping,
so safe that I don't even know where it is.

So on my way, I parked EXTREMELY far away-only parking I could find and had to walk quite a distance to get there.
On my way I passed a pair of black shoes on this cement block, lined up nice and neat. I wondered, mmmmm, wonder why someone would have left those there. This immediately reminded me of all the shoes you can see by the side of the road-usually just one...wait, not the point.

So on my way back I looked at the very same spot and the shoes were gone. I thought, oh good someone remembered where they left their shoes. I walked a bit further, and THERE THEY WERE.
Lined up nice and neat.
mmmmmmmm.
Did they walk over themselves?
Did the owner come back and decide, well, nahhhh-I don't really want them.
mmmmmmmm.
why am i still thinking about this...mmmmmmmm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I am not the only person who thinks the way you do!

And for the reminder that I get to schlep over to the SS Admin to get a replacement card for Emma.
And darnit that once the new cards arrive, we'll both likely find the originals. Bah!

2:21 PM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

hmmmmm....shoes lined up nice and neat? Are you sure? Are you crazy or is someone else? Hmmmmmm.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

veddy interesting.

I commend you on taking the time to pick up a new SS card. We have yet to get Brie's birth certificate. I'm betting that we won't get it until she goes to kindergarten, or until we need a passport. Kindergarten will probably come first. :)

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home