Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Unforgiving consumer

I think I may have mentioned this before, but I am the world's most unforgiving consumer. It has been at least fifteen years since I have bought a certain brand of tennis shoes because they gave me less than stellar customer service. Well I have a new bone to pick, one that will never be resolved as I cannot possibly ban this particular establishment. So on Saturday I made my way to the Post Office to mail off my circle journal (finally-this is why I did it so early as it took me forever to get there) So the transaction went something like this:
Postal worker: I'm sorry I can't take your card-it isn't signed.
Me: Oh I don't sign my card so people ask for identification (DL in hand)
P.W.: It says it is not valid unless signed.
Me: OK, well ummmm
P.W.: I can take a check or money
Me: ummm (in my head-i just used this here last month...ummm what to do) So could I use it if I signed it now?
P.W.: Yes.
Me: REally???? (so if I stole this wallet apparently it is ok as my signature would now match...ok)
P.W.: Yes. Here is a pen

**FOUR pens later (the pens would not work on my card as it is really old and the plastic was too shiny) I had begrudgingly signed my card.

So here is the kicker. After I signed the piece of paper, SHE CHECKED IT AGAINST MY CARD TO SEE IF THE SIGNATURES MATCHED!!!!! Ah I think it probably wounldn't change within the five seconds I just signed my card.

Anywhere else I would NEVER come back...alas, I forgot to mail another package so I will return on Monday...

***stay tuned for the ultimate reason why I will always be an unforgiving consumer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I react in similar ways to bad service. Same with restaraunts. I'll eat at a place again, but if the waitress if bad her tip lowers or disappears depending on how bad she is.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Andy is the worst. He walks out with free $150 meals. He likes to um, shall we say, SPEAK UP.
Also, I have my card signed and it also says "Please check identification" because I ran into the same hassle about no signature on the card... stinkin' rule followers.... pfft.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Oh, GRRR...the USPS can be a real trouble maker of an establishment. I think they know that you have to keep coming back -- grrr...

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*GRRRR* The USPS is one of those places that tops my "I reallt despise this place" list!

However, we now have a USPS booth in our local Ace Hardware which is the best. You might check to see if yours does too. :)

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home