Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

War of the hobbies

Bj and I have been having the same *argument* over and over lately about hobbies. The jist is I think that "gaming" is pretty much the biggest waste of time and he doesn't really see what is so great about scrapbooking. He plays World of Warcraft-I think that is what it is called, where he runs around as a wolf or bear or something, or maybe an elf of some kind, fighting various animals, people, or bugs. MMmmmm. Oh and his character can dance like Michael Jackson. O-K-A-Y.

So he was telling me about these "guilds" that are formed and you have to make sure that you can play at a certain time so you can all gang up together to get one big thing accomplished...O-K-A-Y If you can't be there at a certain time, you can get kicked out of the guild. Or if you are just not good enough, you can get kicked out. So he plays this game by himself, or plays with friends talking via instant message or on the phone-he does not have one of those "super cool" headsets like someone's husband I know...click here for that whole story...not that I am making fun or anything :)

Anyway, I was talking to him the other day about how much fun I was having being part of 'tis herself and having all these new friends to talk to via email and letters, and he said that it sounded just like one of the guilds he was talking about. You know, fighting some big monster together or creating a circle journal...yep, exactly the same. My comment back was will anyone know or care in twenty years that you were able to kill three tigers in your game or will Lily enjoy looking through her scrapbooks that her Mama *lovingly* made her as she was growing up.

A few days later he came up with his answer...he will just take screenshots of all the things he beats and create his own scrapbook-maybe even post it on 2peas. Too bad he just reinforced my point-to make his hobby "cool" he has to use my hobby to prove it! :)

5 Comments:

Blogger kwpershey said...

tee hee.

There might be a similar conversation in our household regarding sports and blogging.

(not to dis b.j. or anything, but I'm pretty glad that Ben prefers sports to weird video games. to each his own said the man as he kissed the cow... to quote the librarian!)

;-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

This conversation exists in our house, too, Marie. And Andy even went so far as to say, "At least I talk to the guild members in real time," as opposed to leaving comments and what not. Pfft.

I should also mention that Andy got his brother and uncle to join the same guild as himself. Nerd.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny! My husband is a huge sports fan (nut) and he also "collects" electronics, which I kindly bring up when he complains about my scrapbooking :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

bwa ha ha ha

this is hilarious

Matt doesn't play video games, so I have not experienced the joy of the warcraft/guild culture

5:22 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Holy Moly. Looks like I've dodged a bullet here -- no gaming at our house.
Tell B.J. that I'm just dying to see these albums. Dying.... Hee hee.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home