Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, May 12, 2006

Eh...

Tonight our friends Jenya and Byron invited us to go see an Indians game...alas, we decided as it is cold and rainy that we were old and cranky and didn't want to sit outside getting cold and rained on. So as our faithful grandma was still willing to watch the pickle, we decided instead upon dinner and a movie.
I wanted to see Akeelah and the Bee. Vetoed by the boys, we saw Mission Impossible III. I gotta say eh. It was good, with a few funny parts that made you giggle, and a few more completely unbelievable parts that made you laugh out loud, but as this is only the third movie in eight months I have seen in the theatre, I probably would have chosen something else. I found myself longing for my couch as I couldn't get comfortable in the "supposed to be comfortable" reclining chairs. I kept saying "what did he just say?" but found myself without a remote to rewind. Am I now spoiled by my ahem..."home theatre" *read-12x12 room where I watch my tiny TV* I now find myself asking, why did we spend so many hours watching movies in the theatre before Lily was born? We would drive up just to see if anything was playing that we had one ioda of interest in and just see it. Why? I guess because we could. But you know, even though I have only seen three movies in the past eight months in the theatre, I think I actually prefer being home, laying on the couch next to my hubby, knowing my sweet daughter is sleeping in her crib in the next room. Is that what being a mama is all about?

3 Comments:

Blogger michelle_d said...

WE went to Mission Impossible tonight too! Really, we did. And it was also the third movie I've seen in the last year. What are the chances?

12:56 AM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

I think that must be being a mommy. If I ever try to do anything, all I want to be doing is being at home with my boys

3:18 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I want to see Akeelah and I need a date (Andy has no interest). Say, are you coming to CA anytime soon??!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home