Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo Flashback Friday

A flashback friday story for you today.
Recently Renee reminded me of a really uh, "funny" story which I have decided to share. Yes some of you have heard this, but here goes. About two weeks after my DH and I moved into our new house he woke me up saying
"Honey...I think there is a bug flying around in here"
Me: Ok. So get it. (I roll over and go back to sleep)
Bj: (Turns on light) OH! Will! (that is what he calls me) Get down under the covers!!!!
Me: Uh ok, why?
Bj: THERE ARE TWO BATS FLYING AROUND IN OUR BEDROOM (our very LOW ceilinged bedroom may I add)
Me: bloodcurdling screams
Bj: What do I do????
Me: bloodcurdling screams
Bj: (grabs a bamboo rod we had been using to hang curtains in our old apartment, swats, grunts, THUD, swats, grunts THUD)
Me: bloodcurdling screams
Me: bloodcurdling screams as I slide off the bed with the covers still over my head)
Me: bloodcurdling screams
Bj: I GOT ONE
Me: realizing the windows are open, I try to calm dow...no. bloodcurdling screams
Bj: I got the other one
Me: Uh, uh, what. um. can I...ah, should I go are they dead? are they moving?
Bj: Just run
Me: What if I step on one?
Bj: One is by the bed, one is by the dresser
Me-I race out of the room
Bj comes down stairs, panting, with wild eyes, I am sitting on the couch with my legs curled up shivering, he is checking curtains with what he named is African Bat Whacker-cause you know in the movies a bunch of bats come flying out of the curtains. Elizabeth thinks this story is absolutely HILARIOUS...and I guess I do to...or I will after we move out of this house. We did figure out where they came in and have since stuffed that area with about three sets of old sheets. They got into the house the same way the squirrels and raccoons did. And BTW with the loud thudding, grunting and screaming, I sounded like I was being murdered...Would you like to see pictures of the bats? Click here now that you are back, they didn't really look like that, but I leave you with a pleasant picture in your head instead. BTW, the "funniest" part is the fact that I didn't have time to get my glasses and well, I am blind as a...you get the picture.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*giggle, snort, giggle*

I'll never be able to say that phrase ever again without recalling your funny story!
Well, it's funny to me, but I'm betting it wasn't so humorous for you at the time! :)

Happy Cinco de Mayo to you.
Have a 'rita for me, please!

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooops! What I meant to refer to as the phrase that will send me into hysterics forever is "I'm blind as a BAT!"

Thanks again for the laugh!

5:50 PM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

What a funny funny story. One time we had a mouse in our house and it ran into my work bag and then Rick threw it into the garage. And we tried to chase it out of the garage, but it kept running back in. So Rick took his hockey stick and shot it out (Canadian mouse trap-hee hee) The whole time I was acting like a little girly too.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I think I read somewhere that bats have really good hearing, no? They must have been frightened by your bloodcurdling screams. hee-hee!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

that sounds like a very funny story. ones like that are the ones that you laugh at until you cry later on. I like your new banner,too

11:31 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

bwahahahahahahaha

i still get the giggles over this story...

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! that made me laugh all over again!!!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home