Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What I've been doing

My Circle Journal. I think this CJ has just inspired me to do an entire album on this topic as I could never fit all the songs that should be here on the two little CD's I included. There are just too many songs that mean so much to me. So without further ado, here it is...bad scan an all :(



*edit* the song list...
Soundtrack of my life Vol. 1
Are You Gonna Be My Girl: Jet
Rock & Roll Lifestyle: Cake
Magilla: Phish
Domine Deus: University of Akron Choir
Twentysomething: Jamie Cullum
You Are What You Love: Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins
Weigh: Phish
Longneck Bottle: Garth Brooks
Fell in Love with a Boy: Joss Stone
Closer to You: Brandi Carlile
I'm Alright: Jo Dee Messina
Man, It's So Loud in Here: They Might Be Giants
For Good: Wicked
Buddy Holly: Weezer
To Zion: Lauryn Hill
Snow is Gone: Josh Ritter
Devil's Haircut: Beck
Heavenly: Harry Connick, Jr.
It's Oh So Quiet: Björk
Bruised: The Bens
My Doorbell: The White Stripes

Soundtrack of my life Vol. 2
Animal Instinct: The Cranberries
Bullet With Butterfly Wings: Smashing Pumpkins Domine Deus: University of Akron Choir (ohmygoodness just realized I accidentally put this on twice-I swear I am not that narcissistic!!!!)
The Modern Age: The Strokes
Rag Doll: Aerosmith
What I Am: Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
I Gotta Get Drunk: The Little Willies
No!: They Might Be Giants
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey: Paul McCartney & Wings
Cannonball: The Breeders
Sunshine On My Shoulders: John Denver
Waterfalls: TLC
Hallelujah: Rufus Wainwright
Ohio: Over The Rhine
Every Time You Say Goodbye: Alison Krauss
Popular: Wicked
Rainbow Connection: Kermit The Frog
Folgers in your cup: Firestone Men's Chorus
One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces: Ben Folds Five
I Like Birds: Eels
I-76: G. Love & Special Sauce

9 Comments:

Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Yay, goodie, hot dog. This is soooo beautiful, and so moving. I love your thoughts on the subject, and I most certainly love your color choice. Beautiful!

And, speaking of green, and of Wicked, I watched a program about it (Wicked) and thought, "that Elphaba is one beautiful shade of green", and sort of wished that I could be green, too. Just thought I'd throw that one out there.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Chrissy King said...

This is great Marie. But now share with us -- what songs are on your life soundtrack??? Curious minds want to know! :o)

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not easy being green, but some of us are blessed with the 'curse' of loving it. I happen to be one of those people. All of your stuff is so beautiful and this is no exception! Good job

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspire! You willis girls just have a way with words! Yes - now we need to know - what's on your playlist? And did you really cover CD's with patterened paper? That rocks!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hooray, I can read the journaling! You have quite a range of selection of music choices- you must be well rounded ;)

9:29 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

I am so jealous of your well rounded-ness! You are just one cool chicky!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa. love the song list!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

I love this idea. I am guessing that each song represents a special memory for you. Unlike everyone else, I despise most shades of green, but this is a beautiful project.

5:49 PM  
Blogger SusannaT said...

Thay Might Be Giants, Björk and Kermit...
You rock!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home