Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The juicy details

So here they are. The juicy details of my class with Ali Edwards. It was awesome, amazing and so very freakin' cool. First let me start with the book signing where when I asked her to sign a copy of Elizabeth's book, she knew who Elizabeth was :)
She is so laid back, yet has so much energy. One of those people who Rachel, Missy, Shelly (make sure you click on her link 'cause she just did the COOLEST project...next elsie there :) and I all thought "wow, we could be friends with her."

The class was to make a 4x4 MM tag book based on yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will try to get some scans of my book soon, but let's just say she had us emboss the cover then ink the negative space for a very cool effect. That really brought me back to my scrappy roots as I started this obsession way back in 1995 with embossing when gold, silver and black were your only choice. Let me tell you, when COPPER came out, I thought I would have a heart attack! Anyway, the class was very cool, learned some new things, but I think more importantly was inspired. To journal, to create, to well, clean my very messy craft room which is why I have been a bit late in posting this. The best part? Sure I was inpired by Ali. She is amazing and definately deserves to do what she gets to do, but I was really inspired by my girls. Mis, Rach, and Shelly. So nice to scrap with them. Share ideas, stories, laughs and odd pictures. So thanks girls. Would not have been the same without you. So, would you like to see some pictures now?


11 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Yay!!! Let's do it again, like now!!!!!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

That's pretty darn, cool, Marie. Like ALL of it. I think I can photoshop my head in there, too. I think you keep nice company!

11:48 AM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

Sounds like so much fun! Thanks for sharing all the juicy details. :)

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's coming to scrapfest in Edmonton. I really want to see the album! That's the one class left that I could maybe get into!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

I love the pictures! It was so much fun..can't wait to do it again! Did you seriously compare me to Elsie?!? Love you!!! He,He!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

jealous, jealous, jealous!!!

and i'm pretty sure she would have said anything to appease her crazed fans ; )

12:37 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

jealous too.... sounds like so much fun!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger christine said...

how cool! I took a class from her and loved what I made.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Woo hoo! Pics with Ali!! Aren't you so cute, Marie!!
Sounds like a really cool project.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Suh-weet! I'm so happy for you. And I love your hair. and you look fabulous.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you lucky gal!

Bet you had a lot of fun.

I agree with Meesh, your hair looks fabulous!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home