Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Random thoughts about hairdryers, cell phones and other things.

1. Talking to Elizabeth last night *edit: the other day as I have tried in vain to post this FOREVER...I found that she calls CHA C-H-A instead of CHA as in CHA CHA CHA.
2. I also call my Book of Scraps my BOS. As in I BOSed you.
3. Lily turned 11 months old yesterday *edit: nope not yesterday, see #1 edit...we need to take pictures.
4. Have I told you about the man across the street from me who rototilled (if that is a word) his lawn...twice and it is growing back weedy? I still don't know why.
5. My old softball injury has been acting up lately.
6. Lily weighs over 18 pounds now.
7. Lily is teething...badly...and Lily is biting...HARD...any suggestions ladies?
8. Joanne ETC's descriptions/pictures on their website STINK. I tried three times to get the paper I wanted for some wedding invitations that I am making and it is STILL not right, but as they have to go out, I have to use it. So BEWARE.
9. How do you teach "indoor" voice to an 11 month old? Lily is SO loud sometimes.
10. Have you ever noticed that hairdryers and cell phones always seem to go out at the most inopportune times? I have bought a ridiculous amount of hairdryers in the past six years-too many to count. And cell phones? Yep, just as irritating. My cell phone stopped charging and despite my attempts to email a picture off of it before it died for good, I was unable. I know, those of you who know me know that I have a odd and passionate dislike of camera phones, but it is a picture of Bj at Hibatchi Japan the night before he became a father. I just really wish I had that picture.

On another note...or the same one, I remember the first time I got a *gasp* pager. The first time it vibrated on my hip it scared me half to death. I was so embarassed by my loud startle noise that I started giggling uncontrollably. I was in public. Then my first cell phone was super exciting as I had the same one as Carter on ER. I was TOO cool for school. Then we went through the period where two of them broke...stopped charging...oh wait, make that three. Oh well.

10 Comments:

Blogger michelle_d said...

I have often wondered how people pronounce CHA. In my head I've always said it like CHA CHA CHA, but I don't think I've ever said it out loud. Hee hee.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

you funny!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I have pictures of BJ at Hibachi while you were prego... but not the night before Lilly. They're still cute though.

10:12 PM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

I also thought I should mention that I BOS'ed you a long time ago.

:)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were! If you really are desparate for biting advice, ask me, but we tell Judah to use his 'little' voice, with 'little' actions when we do it. He seemed to learn it really well. I think he liked making the 'little' actions, so he picked it up quicker.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

I have always C-H-A in my head and heard my friend Leah refer to it as CHA, as in CHA CHA CHA. It makes me want to dance!

12:29 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Hmmm. Inside voice?
When you figure out how to explain it to Lily, please let me know your method.

Emma turned four last week and she is STILL so loud.

I call it my BOS, too! :)

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say cha just like elizabeth.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

yup. i learned the hard way that it was C-H-A. At a design team meeting for Memories last summer. Tried to be cool and ask everybody about whether they were going to "CHA" (chachacha style). Nobody was impressed.

I"m sorry to hear about your softball injury. What did you do? And why do you think it's been acting up?

Good luck on the "indoor voice". Ha ha.

I have no biting suggestions. It seems like Brie had a problem with that. I pretty much only nursed with a finger inches from her mouth so I could unhook her. I hope you find a solution.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

What do you do to your hairdryers? I have had about 3 in my life. Seriously!! One about every 10 years.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home