Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, August 14, 2006

My weekend...the great, the good, and the really really bad

So you all waiting to hear how Suziebeezieland Ohio convention went?
Suzanne did you enjoy the WORST message ever left on an answering machine in the history of leaving messages?
Do you want to see some pictures?
Do you want to hear a REALLY interesting story?
Here you go.
some tunes for the road...
where we met
what we ate...guacamole of course :)
we discovered very similar tastes...
and we had a great party...see you all are there :)
Katy was so much fun to meet...can't wait to do it again!!!

And now for something not so good. Actually, something REALLY REALLY not good.
Bj called on Saturday afternoon and said that Lily had learned a new trick. She learned how to take her diaper off. She was in her crib. She ummm, well went to the bathroom. In her crib. And yes, the worst kind of going to the bathroom you can imagine. It was everywhere. On the sheets. On her stuffed animals. On the slats of her crib. On her mirror. On her binky. On her hands. On her face. Yep. This will now be the horror story that spreads like wildfire to all new parents that don't realize that this kind of thing can happen. Trust me, it can. And husbands-if you are home alone for the first long trip your wives take...it will be that weekend. And Bj, once again, this wasn't your fault. Really. Just really, really, really bad timing.

17 Comments:

Blogger kwpershey said...

Way to go, Marie. You make me all hungry with the shot of Chipotle, and then you deliver the sucker-punch-o-poo.

;-)

Much sympathy to poor BJ.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Yay! I got to be at the party twice!

6:23 PM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

I'm trying really hard to focus on the good and the great! Thanks for sharing your cool pics. Thanks for letting us all tag along! You two are just too funny! So glad you had a good time.

and,oh yeah, yuck!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Chrissy King said...

What fun!! I see my face in that collage!! :o) Wish I could have really been there. Maybe one of these days!! When I come back to the States I always go to my folk's house in IL and Ohio isn't that far away!! Maybe someday!! :o)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Oh no! That happened to me with Sarah- all over the crib, yuck. blech. Eew. Grosser than spider blogs. Sorry, BJ. But I'm really glad you and Katy had such a lovely time :) Even if I didn't get to go! It's because I don't have green shoes, huh?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

yikes, M... tell BJ I'm sorry about the.. you know.

but the guacamole was good, as were the shoes and the company!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

Well, at least you had fun. Except for the poop. So glad to see more pics. What fun!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Cassie L. said...

FUN for BJ! My cousins' twins used to do the same thing all the time. She tried a million things (I know because everything I suggested had already been tried 20 times) and her final solution was duct tape all over the diapers. They were repeat offenders and luckily it worked finally. Hopefully you won't have to go there.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

oh. my. goodness.
that is SO GROSS.
(not the meeting of you and katy, which sounds absolutely lovely)

it isn't often that i feel as if i've lived through an easier day with gracie than you have with lily... heh heh heh.
poor, poor bj. my sympathy to him....

11:11 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Oh my. Sorry, bj. Yeah... dogs... don't really.... do that.... :(

11:15 PM  
Blogger SusannaT said...

Oh how fun!
Man that cake looks so good...did you save me a slice?

And then there's the major EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew. how unfortunate. ;)

love that you brought me along to your suziebeezieland ohio convention! i want to hear this message. i think suzanne needs to figure out how to record it and put it on the blog. ;)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

nadine...AB.SO.LUT.LY. NOT.

1:15 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Tee hee hee.

I think every child has to be a *diaper artist* at least ONCE in their lifetime. Emma, however, took that to heart a few too many times before the she tired of the art scene.

That being said, I am glad you two girlies had such a great time.

I still WANT to know where to get your green Mary Janes, please! :)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

Those of us without children do not understand all of this talk about poo. Sounds like a good weekend.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Ooh, I'm sorry about the poooooh.

Brie has devised a new method of discerning whether it's time for a new diaper. She just sticks a finger in, and if it comes out poopy, she comes to find me.

Yeah. It's pretty sick. Gabe almost passed out the first time it happened.

He just kept saying, "I'm so glad that you're the mom, I'm so glad that you're the mom."

I am so proud of BJ for surviving.

And, I want to know more about your green shoes. So that I can buy them. And be you.

5:41 PM  
Blogger StePHen said...

omgosh i am sooooo hungry now :)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home