Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, August 28, 2006

What I did on my Summer Vacation

This summer was different than any other I have ever known. I saw this summer through the eyes of a Mama. But one thing was the same, and always keeps coming back…the thought “where did my summer go?” I can’t believe that September is just around the corner. School has started for just about everyone and cooler temperatures are on their way.

We only made it to the zoo once, when I had planned to go more. We went swimming, but only indoors and we never went to the wading pool like I had planned. We went to a fair by the river front, but only once. Even though we did not do many things, we did take many, many walks around the block and around the neighborhood. There is something so soothing, something so comforting about a walk around the block. Pushing Lily in her stroller, or pulling her in her little red wagon is one of my favorite things to do-especially when we do it as a family. Talking to Bj, pointing out leaves and flowers to Lily, people watching, and just enjoying each other’s company. I love walks around the block and I hope we will have many more before our outside time is up.

So what did you do on your summer vacation?

10 Comments:

Blogger Mary Jo said...

I was JUST saying the same thing to Mike the other night!
Where did summer go?
We just never got into a summer groove here. Didn't swim as much or go as many places as I planned.
Oh well.
Fall is one of my favorite times of year and we have apple picking and the pumpkin patch coming up :)

3:02 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

Lots and lots of walks. Morning and evening with Ben and Deacon. It's not quite the same when it isn't the whole family, so we usually make it work to all go together.

Busy summer... but always good to start out with those walks.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

You and Lily went swimming outside with us at Waterworks. Just for a bit but it was a blast!

M

6:47 PM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

not as much as I had hoped, but I love the change in seasons. especially summer to fall, so I don't mind. It's always good to move ahead.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Miss I totally forgot!! that was very fun :)

10:06 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

I birthed a child.

Then I spent the rest of the time trying to get the house clean again.

Maybe we'll do something awesome next year.

We did get a pony ride in.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I ate chocolate. And I'm still eating it! I think we have like two months left of summer here in case you get tired of changing leaf colors :)

11:58 PM  
Blogger rebecca said...

started dating a great guy! ( :
camped a couple times...lots of road trips to visit folks...watching several sunsets at a nearby lake with friends...enjoying eating fresh food from a farmer's market! gotta love summer!

3:43 AM  
Blogger stephanie said...

We did a lot of one-time activites, too....like VBS, water park stuff, zoo trip which was terribly hot and not a good idea.

About the only thing we did with any regularity was our every Wednesday Story Time at the library with lunch at Chick-fil-A afterwards. :)

Oh, and visits to the OB and thyroid doc and pedi. Whew.
It was a busy time!

Just wish it would actually cool down here in TX so we could enjoy more than 2 weeks of fall "Texas Style, Y'all" in late November or even first of December. Ick.

2:38 PM  
Blogger nadine jenine said...

I can't believe tomorrow is September 1st. Why so I ask, why so? I still want another month of holidays with the hot weather we've been having here!

This summer I visited my new university once, moved to a new province, went to the lake every weekend I could, saw my brother and his wife twice, worked my buns off, celebrated my grandma and grandpa's 50th anniversary, saw like none of my friends, did a camp easter seals walk for kids, and got a nice tan. ;)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home