Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy Anniversary

I used to think...what is a blog? In the back of my mind I knew Elizabeth and Katherine had one, but I just didn't pay much attention. I just didn't get it. But then I started my own. One year ago today. My blog has been one of the most helpful tools in my first year of being a Mama. I have been able to record the little things that could have so easily been forgotten. Now I can just go back and read a full account, a list, some comments or see pictures. I have countless journals with one, maybe up to ten entries, but then it stops. I forget about it and think...mmmmhhh I really should write in my journal. Three years could go by without writing down a single thing. But not here. A few days may go by, but then I return with new pictures, new stories, new thoughts, new things that I want to remember about my family. About my life. This blog truly is A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio...and my family, and my now seemingly countless friends. I never in a million years thought I could call someone I have never met a friend, but wow can the internet be an incredible tool for bringing people together. I will have these friends for life.

This blog has somehow changed my life because now I feel like I am actually going to remember so much more about my life. Sure I can look back and think "why didn't I journal more as a kid...why didn't I know about blogs sooner" but it just didn't work that way. However, I hope that Lily will have a richer and more memorable childhood because she will be able to look back and see all the cute and silly and wonderful things she did and saw. I hope that I will rarely have to say that "I don't remember" when you took your first steps (which has not happened yet by the way) or how you felt on your first day of kindergarden, or what it was like to dance with your Daddy for the first time at a wedding...it will be here. On the pages of this journal. My blog. My record of A Day in the Life.

12 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

awww! :D
so sweet, Lily will love this.
But not as much as she loves her Momma! :)
and she did stand... how is that going?

12:02 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. So glad. Now, hurry up and post some new pictures of Lily, already!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Awwww- you made me tear up. I love blogging too!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Happy Blogiversary. ;)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

Yeah for blogging. It is so great to go to your blog and find a little piece of info. even if I haven't talked to you.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

I'm glad you blog too, I love getting to know you more. :)

10:28 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Blogs are such a nice way to become friends. :)

Lovely entry today, Marie.
Makes me realize how important it really is to record our thoughts.

Goodness knows, mine never stay put for very long anyway. Hee hee.

Happy Anniversary!

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love having my blog. :) and i love reading yours!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Chrissy King said...

So glad you have captured so many memories of your sweet family over this past year! And glad you share them with us!!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!

I feel the same way about my blog, Marie...

Smooches, friend!

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did, too!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

: )

I can't believe it's been a year.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home