Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, October 02, 2006

My five weird facts...

I got tagged by the lovely Miss Mary Jo...and don't worry Nadine, I will get to the next one soon-just have to think about it! And please come back even though you now know my deep dark secrets ;)

1. I hate olives with every taste bud in my mouth and I don't understand why anyone would voluntarily eat one. Same goes with black licorice.

2. I make up songs about everything. My favorite goes something like "it's plant watering day, yeeeaaaah, yeeeeaahhhh, yeeeaaahhhh, it's plant watering day. Time to water the plant..." Yup.

3. In the first few months after I had Lily when I would see someone walking around with a child in my neighborhood I would have a debate in my mind whether it would be crazy to stop and ask if they would be my friend. I never did, but I really had some good debates about it.

4. As you have previously read, I talk to myself in my head.

5. My freshman year of college I had a lot of extra time on my hands (no car, roommate went home every single weekend) so I decided to draw every single Marvin the Martian on this mug I had. There were about twenty of them on there, doing different things. I also had the cleanest room in the dorm. I was a little bored...

I tag Missy, Rachel, Katherine, and the boy blogs...there you go, some blogfood

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yuck, i hate olives and black licorice too!

5:55 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

I HATE olives too, yucko!!!! And I almost always talk to myself, haha!!

LOVED meeting and hanging out with you Saturday, you're so much fun!! Hope to do it again soon!! =)

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

I love black olives, do you still like me? :)
I talk to myself too.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I too, hate any kind of olives and black licorice! I'll be your friend!

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them both...figures....

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

:)

And yeah it's so not weird to want to walk up to mommies people in the park after you have your first baby.
I am usually pretty shy meeting new people but right after Evan was born I went for a walk in the park across the street every day for months. And let me tell you how many people I would talk to that I probably wouldn't have before he was born. I didn't recognize myself :)

10:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Meant to say new mommies not mommies people. I think I'm just tired :P

10:17 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I love olives... and sometimes black licorice. But I can't stand that flavor of anise seed in most meals. Weird.

Let me know if you need a fall rub-on for your new banner in the works (hint, hint).

11:18 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

i can relate to the new mommy thing too.

i do love olives however, but not so much on the black licorice. red is another story :)

12:02 AM  
Blogger Chrissy King said...

I'm with you on the black licorice thing. Blech!! Hope you are having a good week Marie!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man, olives- yuck!! and so funny about #3- I totally wanted to do that after I had Aislin, in fact, i stared this couple down who were out walking with a stroller down the street- i think they were a little freaked by me.. I really had to hold back, because I really wanted to say "WHERE do you live? is it close to me? and if so, can i have your phone number? can i call you? can we hang out??" but i didn't. i just stared and let them pass. i dont think they ever came down our street again.. probably thought i was some weird baby-stealer or something.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

How is it that I am classified as the "kooky" one in all of our scenerios? You are crazy. You know I'm kidding because I'm crazier than you. Try being an only child. I have written a world for myself inside my head...

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

olives & licorice are just gross.
and no it's not weird that you wanted to walk up to strangers with babies after you had lily -those crazy mommy hormones can give you all kind of ideas that make perfect sense to you in the moment.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

Black Licorice -- blech.

Olives -- maybe. I loved them until I started having babies, then they just tasted like tinfoil. I think things are getting back to normal, though.

I liked hearing that you had little head conversations about asking strangers to be your friend. I'm having little head conversations about asking my kind neighbor to come help me clean my house. For real.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home