Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ten on Tuesday

1. I really don't mean for my blog to become a weekly thing, but...
2. I HAVE NO INTERNET RIGHT NOW. I am currently at my parent's house while I clean out my email as (perfect but rushed timing here) we were planning on switching our internet provider anyhow, but not until I had gone through my 1500 emails.
3. It really stinks to not have internet. REALLY.
4. Going through my email was very interesting. Like walking through memory lane. I am sad that I can't possibly save every single one, but have realize that I need to come up with a system to save some of them. We don't write many letters in this age of email, so our correspondance is easily lost. I want to remember highlights like announcing moving into my first house, student teaching, the birth of children, the day Suzanne asked me to be a part of a lovely group of women, birthday surprises for my sister, cyber parties for my sister, conversations, favors, cool finds, cool songs, pictures, and first emails from new friends. I also want to remember the tragic times like the loss of a parent, the loss of a child, or the loss of a friend, just to remind myself that they may still need the same amount of support when the loss was so new. It is a good reminder of our lives.
5. Again, not having internet is REALLY not fun.
6. Lily is having fun with Grandpa right now...and just said cat again, if you wanted to know.
7. If you don't have my new email you may be out of luck very soon as the old one is going bye-bye.
8. I NEED internet!!
9. It has been snowing on and off the past few days. Could someone tell the sky it is not November yet?
10. I hope to have my internet back soon so I can stop whining. I hope.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

6. Do I say cat ALL the time?

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe print out all your favorite emails and make a book out of them - bind them in some way.
we finally installed our DSL (eddie got tired of moving the box and installed it sunday night) it's fast (much better than dial up) hang in there - make the most of not having the internet - you never know how much you rely on it until it's gone right? lots of bloggers are taking breaks right now - so you are just on trend!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Would you like some cheese with that whine?? (I can't resist the sarcasm sometimes)

We're missing you out here.
Sus

3:22 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Just hang on- CABLE ROCKS!!!

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also get lonely without the internet. saddens me. boo hiss.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Yup! Being without the internet is not fun.
I hesitate to say - Addiction :)

Anyhoo - as far as my email inbox, every now and then I accidentally delete everything when I hit the wrong button. I yell at myself and cry a little over some of the lost notes but then I have a clean box for a few days.
That may work ;)

Did you ever decide what you are going to do about dh's birthday?

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear - I am terrible about cleaning out my email inbox... I really need to do that.

Yay for internet... glad you'll be back soon!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nohing creative or witty or funny to say -- just wanted to say hi! So, Hi Marie!! Hope your internet is up and running soon!! :o)

12:59 AM  
Blogger mindi11 said...

we just moved to austin, where i don't have any friends yet and it's quite lonely.

our computer has been having issues for the entire time and i've been asking dustin to fix it.

he finally said i needed to calm down and he would fix it when he had a day off. then he dared suggest that i had an internet addiction.

i yelled at him (while pointing at the computer), "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! ALL MY FRIENDS ARE IN THERE!!!"

it was fixed within 48 hours ;) and i am so so happy. hope yours is up and running soon :)

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home