Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ten on Tuesday

1. The past few days Lily and I have been sicker than it seems possible. She has croup or "the croup" (never really figured out what to call it exactly) and has been coughing so hard it hurts me. I have had the WORST sinus infection I have ever had in my entire life. Seriously. I have never been so congested, so miserable, ever. We are a whiny, whiny pair the two of us. And for the record I did go to the Dr. I was that sick.
2. Please, please, please go vote today. No matter how you vote (althoughpleasedon'tvoteforkenblackwellbecausewecan'thandleanymore
taftlikepeopledestroyingoureducationalsystemthankyouverymuch) just vote. Even if the room you vote in is 200 degrees, please vote. And I am especially talking to the under 80 crowd here as there was not one person under the age of say 60 at the polls. MAKE TIME. And I now step down from my soap box.
3. I went to bed at the same time as my infant daughter last night. 7pm. I think I fell asleep before her too.
4. Today is leaf pickup day. Due to 3/4 of the Taylor trio sick as dogs, our millions of leaves are sitting nicely on our lawn. (And thanks Daddy for the offer, but we just couldn't have you do our leaves for us.)
5. I love watching Lily discover things, play, and ask for things in her own baby way. For instance, we have this pig that vibrates and makes music when you push his nose. It is hard for Lily to push his nose, so to circumvent that Lily takes my hand, puts it palm down, places the pig in my hand, and looks expectantly at me. It is just the cutest thing. Lily also has FINALLY started signing "all done" so now she signs it all the time. When she is done being changed, when she is done playing with a toy, when Seasame Street is over. It is SO cute.
6. For the record, I LOVE Christmas, but Holiday ads November 1 seem a bit ridiculous, even for me.
7. Anyone else miss Elizabeth's photo of the day?
8. I scrapped with my new friend Erin on Saturday. We had a blast and have decided that we may just be long lost twin sisters. And yes, I do realize we look nothing alike! Oh and that one is for you Renee! :P
9. Did I mention that everyone should go vote?
10. In next week's edition of Ten on Tuesday, Bj, sick as a dog...oh I am hoping for a plot twist where somehow that does not happen...

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted.
Last week, imagine that.

We're the House of Sick, too.
Sinus, URI, pink eye.
You name it, we've got it.
BAH. :(

Sending you and Lily get healthy wishes.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I let my All-American democratic dad down today since I am not even registered to vote. I got an earful, actually. Need to put that onym to-do list before 2008.

P.S. Feel better soon!

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Twin! I wish you felt better - hopefully it'll run its course soon. Hopefully next time I'm over I'll get to meet Lily.:)

9:17 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I voted too! Not sure who most of them were, but I voted. Hot tea- for you not Lily. Cool mist for her. Miss ya!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

i wish i could vote in the US elections.

of course i can't living being a Canadian and all.

but we really do care about what the heck happens with the US government, because it is so influential on Canada.

i appreciate your soapbox :)

11:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

grapefruit seed extract nasal spray.
get to your local health food store now and find it.
absolute godsend for sinus infections.

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here in Australia it's compulsory to vote!

If you don't do it...you get fined (Ok, so if you have a really good excuse and can "show cause" then they let you off, but it had better be good LOL).

About a 95% vote rate for us!

3:26 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

I voted yesterday :)
I hope you and Lily feel better soon!
Evan has just gotten over a cold but I think I'm getting it :p

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are all feeling better soon.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you've been sick. Such a bummer. Ick.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Are you better yet? If Lily has the croup, the only thing that really works is to get her in the bathroom with the shower cranked on hot and the door closed, and let her breath the steam...

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mi'Chelle said...

okay, wait a minute here....

what's this "3/4 of the Taylor trio" business?

because those numbers don't compute, unless there is a little announcement to be made.

is there?

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha.ha. to #8 ;-) don't make me talk my spider and bat friends into coming to visit you!

love the new banner!!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home