Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Thursday, December 21, 2006

On the 5th day before Christmas

Lily sitting on Santa's lap by herself? Not so much this year...

So I really must say that I would be perfectly happy if they did not choose to add the snowman and the snow and trees at the bottom. Really. Perfectly happy.


Dear Lily,
Do you know what today is? It is your 16 month birthday today. Sixteen months old. That is just unbelievable to me. You are such a sweet, sweet little girl and the time has just flown by. So you still aren't walking, and while I know that it is still totally normal, I still worry and I still can't wait. The molar you are working on is almost completely out and you are now working on another top tooth in front (thank you Santa ;) Nothing about you is "normal" and I just love that. Not how you get your teeth in out of order, how you hate baby staples like bananas, and fun to eat food like peas. Or how you can love a food one day and pitch a fit if we give it to you another day.

My favorite is how you must have "two" of everything. If you have one ring in your hand, you have to find the other one for your other hand. It is the funniest thing to watch you try to crawl around with a ball in each hand (and they must be the same kind of ball), a remote in each hand, a phone in each hand. I have never seen another child do that before.

With all those quirky habits you is constantly making me laugh. I love watching you dance-stomping your feet, moving your shoulders up and down, and recently, doing this head banger kind of thing that had me almost crying I was laughing so hard. I also love your "hi" conversations where you just says "HI!" over and over and over again. I pretend that your great-grandmas Marie Lillian Watson and Claire Marie Back have come to visit you. I know they are watching over you. You knows how to sign eat, all done, hungry, dog, and we are working very hard on more, cat, and night-night (although I think you do understand them.) You also can pat your head, clap your hands, kick your feet and pat your belly on command. Although, we need to watch out if we ask you to pat your belly, as you much prefers to lift of the shirt of whomever asked you, and pat theirs instead.

You have the best giggle, the loudest laugh and you have the most powerful lung capacity that we started learning "inside voice" long before it was probably possible to comprehend the concept. We can really get you cackling during a game of peek-a-boo, crib chase (where you try to hide in your crib, pretend you are asleep and I come get you and tickle you ;) and of course, getting raspberries on your belly.

You have changed our lives in every single way possible, and I am thankful for every single day that I have spent with you.
I love you,
Mama

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Santa looks disappointed! He has an open knee and no B.J.! Matt wishes you would have had B.J. with you, I am sure.....

*snicker*

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a darling picture. Merry Christmas!

1:46 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

awwwww. great picture!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Sweet. Wait...Is Santa saying back off, it kinda looks like it!

3:05 PM  
Blogger mindi11 said...

cutest santa picture ever! :)

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, trying to keep up with the dillows huh? ;)

10:04 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Ok, Marie.
Evan had the exact same snowman and tree at the bottom of his photo with Santa and I thought the same thing.
Cute photo :)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home