Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, December 25, 2006

On Christmas Day

Merry Christmas! So I made it. In so many more ways than one. I made it through the day. I made it through my very first Christmas season at church. I made it through the 12 days of Christmas and faithfully posted every single day. So what do you think will come next? Why a 12 page scrapbook of course! tee hee

Dear Lily,
Today was a wonderful day. You must have sensed the excitement in the air and woke up at 6:45 this morning-a full two hours before your normal wake-up time. But I think I was a bit excited as well as I was laying awake in bed long before that ;) Unfortunately you don't quite comprehend the sheer joy and excitement of opening presents, much to Daddy's dismay as he carefully wrapped each one, only for me to tear them all open-but you sure do know how to play with them all! And yup. This is what I look like in the morning...
Then it was off to Mor Mor's house. I love how excited you get when we pull into Mor Mor's driveway (or Grandma and Grandpa's too!) As soon as we got in the door, your Daddy graced us with his mad waffle making skills as you, Mor Mor and I played upstairs. After breakfast (your second breakfast-yep, you definately have those Willis genes in you!) the newlywedded Taylors' joined us and we got right down to opening presents. Despite some fussing at the end because of a desparate need for a nap, I think you had a wonderful time.

So back home we went for a much needed nap for you, and for your Mama and Daddy to spend a few hours building your new kitchen :) Then it was off to Grandma and Grandpa's house. There the most exciting and amazing thing happened. You gave Mama her best present ever-YOU WALKED. First a few steps, but then across the room. Over and over. You are now a walker. YOU WALKED. I am a mother of a walker. Somehow you grew taller tonight. Somehow your Mama grew a lot older tonight ;) but sweetheart, that was just the best present ever. I know that you will not remember this Christmas, I know that Christmas will mean so much more to you next year, I know that there will be other memorable moments, exciting moments, but this is the one I will never forget. Thank you.
I love you,
Mama
p.s. Why the Golden Graham's on the chair you ask? Why it was actually a present from Bj with a very special toy suprise-my very first pair of diamond earrings!!! Seriously-he put a sign on the front that said "toy suprise inside!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great Christmas! Now I want to come back and visit just to see Lily walk!!

And double congrats on the earrings. Bj has the coolest ideas ever-ever.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Marie!

So glad to hear you had a good day!

And her first steps on Christmas Day. How fun!! (You've entered a whole new phase of parenting now!! :o)

1:39 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Good job, Lily! And BJ totally gets points for most creative wrapping! And thoughtfulness.

I'm sorry I couldn't follow through with the 12 days of Christmas... maybe next year?

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! We are clapping and hootin and hollerin over here. Can you hear us!

7:30 PM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

Yay Lily! What a memory! Do you think she'll always be this dramatic? Hee hee. I'm so excited for you!

I'm thinking about doing 12 layouts too (or were you kidding?)even though I didn't follow through on the photo a day (both boys were sick)

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that I have dried my eyes...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TAYLOR TRIO!
Lily was just waiting for the right moment - she has probably been practicing for months in her crib when you thought she was doing all that jumping! hehe -what a memorable christmas this one will be...um and seriously pretty creative BJ - toy suprise inside - great present!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful Christmas. What a special one, too.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

what a great Christmas gift -- for Lily to walk and the earrings!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

congrats on the diamond earrings! How lovely! Looking forward to seeing your 12 days of christmas! I did a 31 days of christmas on my blog...but I' think i'll pass on the 31 layouts :) Maybe next y ear (lol).

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great christmas it was for u and your family! :)
I just have to ask, I know that it is not the month of noosy questions just yet, but is your family (or your husbands) in any relation to Sweden? I am wondering because I guess the name Mor Mor is a nick name for either your or your husbands mother. Mormor in swedish is grandmother :)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home