Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, December 24, 2006

'Twas the night before Christmas

Traditions. That is what I have been thinking of tonight. We have a lot of traditions in my family-many of them occuring on Christmas Eve. First, we must always go to Pizza Hut. Many, many years ago, my mom decided with all the cooking she had to do the following day, and the busy schedule of church, we would go to Pizza Hut for dinner on Christmas Eve. I have never missed a single time (until last year when Lily was sick...) I remembered the second big tradition while in the middle of church tonight. Leaving Santa cookies and Dr Pepper...not milk, Dr Pepper. I never "got" that when I was a child-we were told that Santa had just had enough milk and he wanted a change when he got to our house. Last is the reading of 'Twas the night before Christmas. This will be the first year in my entire life that my father will not read this to me. The first time ever. I am the only one of all the girls who has always been there for Christmas-not living in another state, I am always here. This truly was my absolute favorite tradition ever. I think I looked forward to this just as much as opening presents. And I still do. But as my own family grows I know that I must step aside and let my daughter sit on her Daddy's lap as I quietly move around the room taking pictures, just as my mother did for all those years. Thank you for all of those good memories and all of those wonderful traditions. So what can I say now?
"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Marie!

Hope you have a great day!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home