Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Twelve on Tuesday

Christmas Edition
1. I have a new Christmas banner for those of you who read through bloglines ;)
2. Want to join me and Missy for a 12 days of Christmas photo-a-day? I swear it will only last 12 days ;)
3. Day two of officially no nap in the morning. Today we went Christmas shopping with some friends and Lily did exceptionally well. I was so proud of her...although it is now 4:25 and she is JUST waking up from her nap...
4. I am frantically trying to finish my mom's Christmas cards, my Christmas cards, and a long list of Christmas presents. Anyone have a time machine?
5. Lily has been very good with our Christmas tree this year. I just have one ornament within reach-a bell which she just loves to ring. One because it reminds me of my Grandma's tree and two because "every time you ring a bell and angel gets its wings..."
6. We have yet to take our Christmas photo!
7. I know Katherine already mentioned it, but Over the Rhine's Christmas album is just WONDERFUL. Seriously. Go buy it.
8. It just doesn't feel like Christmas when it is 60 degrees outside...
9. I am in our Christmas pagent at church and am having a HORRIBle time memorizing my lines. I just seem to have lost my ability to hold things in my head. Wonder why...
10. I have a hankering for some Christmas cookies right now.
11. Due to a wonderful discussion of Christmas traditions I have decided to have Lily open a pair of Christmas pj's and a 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Book on Christmas Eve every year. Thank you ladies for the ideas.
12. One of my favorite Christmas memories from my childhood is the year we girls all got the same bear that would play a medley of Christmas carols. We used to sit them all next to each other and attempt to push their paws at the same time so they would all play in unison. It just used to drive my dad crazy as they would always be slightly off (and slightly out of tune ;) One day those bears just didn't come back out. I wonder why...

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

I love the new banner. Very different. OK-ARE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT THE 12 DAYS PICTURES. Do I need to remind you about the last photo a day? Anyway...I will take one everyday with my crappy camera. Does this start on the 13th. I'm seriously dumb sometimes.

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll do a 12 days of christmas photo a day thing! if i remember to take the photo that is! is tomorrow the first day?

6:30 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

Oh, those bears. I still miss them.

I still don't have my OtR Christmas CD... I'm making do with the downloads for now. Sniff, sniff. I hope it comes soon.

I got my Simple today-- congratulations! Your layout is wonderful!

Oh, and technically the twelve days of Christmas are from December 25 until January 6th, when the season of Epiphany starts. But who's counting?

6:33 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

the banner is fabulous...
the calendar is fabulous...
YOU are fabulous! ;)
I don't know about the photo a day, but I'll give it a good try.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay- I can't wait to start our version of the 12 days (before) of Christmas...hee hee hee

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the banner, fabulous!

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL about not being able to hold things in your head - I can seriously relate.
12 days of christmas with a photo- okay I am in - but does it count if you post them all in the same day? this will mean I have to post everyday - a challenge for me.
so sorry about the bears - I bet they went to the same place the drum bears did. Before I was married I would buy my nephews the craziest loudest gifts (now I beg for mercy from my sisters as revenge is sometimes sweet) well one year it was the drum bear - a bear with 4 squares on his belly that made drum noises from the bass to the snare & his eyes would light up red. My sisters swear the bears would go off in the middle of the night.
You know I have never heard one OTR song...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home