Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, January 01, 2007

purging, cleaning, reorganizing

That is how I spent my day. I am on an organizing kick. An obsessive organizational kick you could say. The 2007 is starting off with a bang as I am going to get all those little projects that you put off because they are just no fun yet need to be done anyway. I have least 20 pairs of shoes and five bags of clothes ready for the lovely people of Amvets (and Melanie :) to inherit. I also FINALLY threw out some undies that I have had since high school. Yup. It really needed to be done. My closet is now organized by color AND by length of sleeve. Yes this is perhaps a bit OCD, but I figure if everything really has its place it will be easier to be put back in its place. Next up is my endless stacks of sheet music. Tomorrow is going to be a long, long day.

So how did I spend last night? You know the biggest party night of the year? Although we were invited to three different locations, Bj and I opted for a quiet night at home. I made some chicken fettucini alfredo (sauce from scratch :) and some bruschetta and after a lovely dinner we watched Scoop-a new Woody Allen movie. Wouldn't you know that I would fall asleep on the couch before 10:00? Bj let me sleep a bit longer and woke me up right before midnight. We celebrated in bed, watching Dick Clark, and with a kiss and a Happy New Year, lights off and we were in dreamland. We are the most exciting couple ever. We didn't even open our champagne. Oh well, maybe next year! Anyway, Happy New Year all!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stayed home too - and I'm not even married! We didn't even say Happy New Year or anything!

2:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Join the club. We actually even cleaned while waiting for our 2 year old daughter to come home. She went out for New Year's Eve. tee hee hee.

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We stayed home, but cannot get away with going to bed early because the kids all have to stay up now... and they don't fall asleep anymore. We had lots of friends over and played games and ate lots of junk food.

I'm organizing too - why is it that January feels like such a good time to organize?

11:24 AM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

I'm also organizing. And getting rid of pounds of old clothes and shoes. Though I must say, my closet isn't even REMOTELY as ocd as yours...

Happy New Year!

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marie, we stayed in aswell. i think it is one of the best nights to just be home and whatch movies and eat popcorn :)

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling a little 'convicted'. Maybe I should get to work!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was up reading, and Robert came in to give me a smooch for New Years. Then I went to bed. Zzzzz. The boys have been getting up latley at the crack of dawn, so I am always pooped.
Happy New Year! Oh, and I am seriously cleaning too.
Hey, the word verification thingie starts with bj. :o

11:17 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

i'm organizing too.

got rid of a few old sweaters and a bathrobe that was not pretty.

happy new year!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well well, aren't we just the saddest bunch here. :)

We were in bed by NINE.

As far as organizing goes, I have been purging the pantry. One of my friends has the nice clear ladies shoe boxes you buy at the Container Store for cereal bars, bagged snacks, etc. Kinda pricey to start with, but they're stackable so I think it's worth the price to have a NEAT pantry. Plus it'll sure help make grocery lists better since I can I see what we have on hand.

P.S. Organizing the closet by color, sleeve length and season is the only way to go!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow!

I didn't even get back home until after 2:15 AM! What a bunch of old folks.....uh...actually, I am probably the oldest here.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop cleaning, purging, and reorganizing and come up for some blog air. where are you?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home