Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, February 12, 2007

Rest in peace diaper bag, rest in peace

So. Why is this my title? I will tell you.

I got home from church yesterday a little late as I had to do a quick grocery shop and walked into a sheepish faced husband. After some "I have to tell you something you aren't going to like" hemming and hawing, I got the story out. Our diaper bag had been unceremoniously killed. Bj put the diaper bag on top of the car and drove off with it. I would like to say this is the first time this has ever happened, but alas we have also mourned the loss of numerous cans of pop over the years. He almost immediately realized that it had fallen and he stopped the car and got out, waiting for traffic to ease so he could walk to the middle of the road and get it.

The first two cars passed slowed down and drove around the large black bag with two straps and silver accents.

Then the third car.

Keep in mind, our Jeep was at the side of the road, blinkers flashing, large man standing at the side of the road.

The car kept coming.
The car did not slow down.
Large man starts waving his arms.
Car kept coming.
Large man waving arms and yelling.
Car is not slowing down, not veering.
Car runs over my poor sweet bag. FINALLY slows down, after dragging the bag for about 100 feet.
"Oh I thought it was some black snow!" she said.

YEAH, OK.

The bag is done, ripped to shreds; along with a bowl for snacks that was torn in half, a magna doodle, and some other various little things. *sigh*

I do not even want to know what in the world this woman was thinking about and desperately hope that she was at least watching the road. I'm just glad that it was only a diaper bag...poor diaper bag, rest in peace.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

Alas..the "black snow" defense.

6:48 PM  
Blogger mindi said...

black snow?? are you kidding me?

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice excuse. im glad bj was standing on the side of the road and not trying to retrieve the bag!

that woman sounds like a tool!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Black snow....what is this world coming to. Btw- Elisa Lou has some adorable prints for a new diaper bag!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

Sorry. That is a bummer.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry about the bag - but your re-telling of the story made me laugh out loud! large man waving his arms - yeah black snow with 2 straps and silver accents - whatever crazy lady.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

;)
crazy black snow lady... what was she thinking... large hunk of BLACK snow, I'll just run over it?
I don't know about your part of the state but down here a large hunk of black snow is usually an ANIMAL. ;) :D :) (couldn't resist)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

I am a female, but most female drivers aren't quite all there. Am I in trouble for saying that? I'm sure nobody reading this is part of that group!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home