Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, May 11, 2007

Home

We made it. HOME. Got home last night at about 1am and to our surprise Daddy AND Grandpa (or Ba Ba as Lily calls him now) were waiting for us at the airport. The trip went pretty well yesterday but for the record...
1. Lily does NOT like fruit snacks. Huh. I thought they were baby crack.
2. Little people books about the zoo with a million flaps to lift up are the greatest invention ever.
3. So are slinkies.
4. If you put your chair all the way back even before we take off and are sitting in front of a two year old and huff and puff and give dirty looks to her Mama who is getting kicked and scratched and her hair pulled because she is trying so hard to keep your chair from being kicked well you almost deserve to have your chair kicked.
5. Chivalry is not dead-at least if you are in the military. At the check-in at the airport Matt saw a woman struggling to move her very heavy bags while carrying a small child and went over to help her...while everyone else stood watching. And a very special thank you to the soldier who saw that I was struggling and carried my carseat to the bathroom so I could change Lily's diaper, waited outside for me, then walked me back to my gate. You rock sir.
6. Bj said it best in one of the emails he sent me while I was gone..."I feel homesick without you, as though my home is wherever you are." I have never been so glad to be home.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a sweet and romantic thing for bj to say. :)

and lucky you that bridget showed up in time!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

so glad you're home safe.
The state isn't the same without you.

and hurray for chivalry.

they should be glad I wasn't sitting behind them, I would'a kicked the seat myself ;).

7:25 PM  
Blogger Chrissy King said...

So glad you are home safe and sound. And that you at least got to see the new baby before you left. And what a wonderful thought from BJ. So sweet!!

ps--Rude people in airplanes really stink!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

I heart BJ. And you. And Lily. And Ba-Ba. :)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

So glad you're home!! I hate mean people, you should have kicked his chair!! But at least there are nice people in the world, like Matt and the other nice guy!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Glad you are home safe and sound, and also glad you were able to see your new niece :0)

And yes, rude people on airplanes just drive me crazy!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad your home, glad you had fun. And I agree with the chair deserving to be kicked and totally sympathize with home being where the other half is. pretty banner. Congrats on miss B.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what a wonderful husband to say such a nice thing.

You should be extra sweet to him for that.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

Welcome Home! I have it on good authority that your husband missed you dearly and was counting down the minutes until you came home! Congrats to you and your family on the arrival of Bridget!

5:13 PM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

I hope Lily is feeling much, much better. I'm glad you're back in Ohio with her daddy and baba.

I'd be in heaven if I could have stayed half as long as you did! It was so good to see everyone, and dance and play and wait for Bridget.

:-)

8:42 PM  
Blogger RACHEL =) said...

Congrats on being an aunt again!!! :) Glad to hear you trip went well!!

I literally LOL at your comment about fruit snacks being baby crack!! AHAHAA! Alexa has ALWAYS loved fruit snacks... those little fruity things work reall well when I want her to clean her room :)

That email from you hubby is seriously the SWEETEST thing ever!!!!!!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I miss Marie...

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home