Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, December 09, 2007

I wonder what I would do...

I wonder what I would do if I didn't "do" music. If I wasn't in choirs and bands throughout my whole life. If I didn't have the ability to sing. If I didn't spend the hours and hours in rehearsal, or practicing myself, or teaching voice lessons. What would I do?

Today was one of those days that I was so very happy to do what I do. I took my choir from church to a nursing home to carol where two members of our congregation are currently residing. Both are those kind of people who always have a smile on their face.

One of them is currently in hospice. She has a tumor on her brain. I find myself having a hard time believing that this funny, happy, active woman, is now suddenly dealing with this illness. The only thing that was ever wrong with her is that she is a Steelers fan ;) I am so very glad that we got to sing for everyone, but I am really glad that we got to sing for her. The smile on her face made my day. I am so very glad I do what I do.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you do it so well, too!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Oh I would love to hear you sing!
Some of my happiest moments in high school were singing in choir.
I'm glad your talent has brought you such joy!! :0)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Cassie said...

I'm glad you do what you do too!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger kwpershey said...

This makes me so happy. I remember a conversation we had in Myrtle Beach the summer you graduated from high school - you were worried about how to transform your love of music into a career. You've done a wonderful job of doing what you love!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

That is awesome.

PS, Go Steelers!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin should be ashamed for lowering the standard of this blog!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

That makes it all worthwhile doesn't it? :)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Go Browns!

and GO MARIE!!
I think doing what you love is the wisest, most loving choice of all. :) I wish I could hear you sing too!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Ann Marie said...

BINGO, why I'm finishing up my Master's in music therapy. :-) The way the brain processes music is amazing, and makes it such a powerful tool for change and healing.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

I like your banner. I liked it when I saw it on your tree. Pretty. Nice Picture.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

What an amazing way to use your gifts to bring someone joy, Marie :)You are a treasure :)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home