Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the 7th day before Christmas

Oh. My. Goodness. I think tonight I have created a new Christmas morning tradition. I made the most incredible thing I think I ever have tasted. French Breakfast Puffs. Now let me just preface this by saying that I am NOT a cook. NOT a baker. If something can go wrong in the kitchen I have done it. So to prevent meltdowns I practice. Boy am I glad I did or I wouldn't know the joy of these (Nor would my choir at our annual Christmas Party.)I got the recipe at The Pioneer Woman Cooks. Boy does she ever. Her recipes are SO easy to follow (and quite humorous as well) that even I can't screw them up. So far I have made three things from her site-Butternut Squash Puree, Everything Cookies and now the French Breakfast Puffs. Can I just say that you ROLL THEM IN BUTTER AND CINNAMON SUGAR! Oh and lest I forget-my goof this time? I forgot to set the timer. *sigh* they still turned out great :)

Again, here's my journaling for my album...
I created a new family tradition tonight. From this year on we will ALWAYS have French Breakfast Puffs on Christmas morning.
French Breakfast Puffs
3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup shortening (Crisco)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 sticks butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Set aside. Pray. In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening, then add eggs and mix. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden. In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly, then coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Eat. Faint.
(Recipe from The Pioneer Woman)

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I do hope you'll make these for the Willis-Dillow-Taylor Christmas morning : )

11:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

ooh i hate when my smilies divide.

: )

there.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw these on there too. looks so yummy :)

12:11 AM  
Blogger nadine jenine said...

i was thinking about these too! do they have to be eaten right away or can i make them now to eat tomorrow? i love muffins.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

those sound yummy. I'm going to try them, too.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Mmm... they do sound good!! Maybe we'll have to add a batch over here, too :)

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't they so yummy - my mom makes these for our xmas brunch. a great tradition to start!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

oh yum, I was wondering about those.
I have tried her lasagne (the BEST, seriously), the steak sandwiches (J.D.'s new fave, I ease up on the salt), the texas sheet cake = divine.
So, good... glad to hear you liked them, now I'll try them too.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness, yum! I'm all for anything coated in butter and cinnamon/sugar!! :)

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home