Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, December 24, 2007

'Twas the Night Before Christmas

Tonight was a busy night for you Lily. A busy night of traditions, music, food, and books. We went to our customary dinner at Pizza Hut. Because we always go to Pizza Hut on Christmas Eve. In fact I have only missed one time in my entire life (you were a sick little girl.) Then it was off to quickly open our customary presents. Some Christmas Pajamas and another edition of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Next it was off to church where everyone found out how much you like music. EVERYONE. After Joy to the World, during the silence after the song ended, we heard a very, very loud "YEA!!!!" Well, I'm glad you liked it. As we were leaving church you said, "Bye-bye Peoples!" You are just so original.
After church we came home and got in our jammies and Daddy read you 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Where last night was a very new tradition, tonight was a very old one. I love that your Daddy can now carry on this very special tradition of reading while Mama listens and takes pictures. You may not understand right now, but these memories and these pictures will be some of your most favorite memories you will ever have. I know they are some of my favorites.

I realized tonight that we never wrote your letter to Santa this year, so here it is...

Dear Santa,
Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas. I have been a very good girl this year. I started eating my vegetables-my Mama and Daddy seem to really like that. I haven't been in the trouble chair for a really long time. I really like that. Last year you made my Mama and Daddy really happy by making me walk on Christmas day. It will be hard to top that, but my Mama wants me to ask if I could I learn my colors? I mean, I know what an octagon is and what forte and piano mean, but I don't know my colors. I should probably work on that. What I really want is an Elmo book. Actually lots of books. And some toys. But I already told you that when I sat on your lap. Ok well I have to go to bed and sing a bunch of songs for about an hour at the top of my lungs so I have to go. Merry Christmas Santa!
love,
Lily

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home