Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Sunday, January 06, 2008

52 Weeks, week one

My has there been a lot of activity in the blog world this week. Many of you out there are doing the 365 Challenge (a photo a day for a year.) I would love to play, but I just didn't want to set myself up to fail this year. Maybe next year. Instead I am doing another challenge. Based on an idea from Emily Falconridge, I am doing an Adventure Journal.Bj and I will both write seven things we are grateful for each week. I am also adding a picture for each week. I anticipate this being a challenging year for us, so lets just call this really, really cheap therapy. Help us focus on all the wonderful things that happen on a daily basis. I think at the end of the year I will be able to look back at each week and really appreciate all the wonderful things we have and do. My photo for week one is definitely very interesting.
Today Bj and I both acted in an Epiphany play called Comfort for an Aching World. It was completely home grown, written by a member of our congregation, songs by two of the Marquette boys, two songs by your's truly (the first I have EVER written,) and all acted by people of our church. Bj was Herod. A very convincing, very scary Herod.Didn't know Herod wore an eye patch? Well he didn't, but Bj was forced to make it part of the costume because last week he scratched his cornea AGAIN. In a different place this time. We are not sure what is going to happen, but surgery may be in the picture as this may be a long term, frequently occurring condition which includes excruciating pain and loss of vision. Fun. But man did he nail the part of Herod. As for me, I was the little known pregnant angel (who also happens to be a woman.) What you didn't know there could be pregnant angels?

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Amber Joy said...

I didn't know that Herod wore an eyepatch, but it's very convincing. I love the journal. I need you to be my therapist!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The play was fantastic. Home-grown or not, there was plenty of talent on stage. Fine acting and wonderful music, great costumes and lighting and sound. Everything was top rate. Congratulations!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

You're cracking me up- the adventure journal sounds fun :) Kind of like, well, an adventure! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

marie, did you take your vitamin today?
:-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

sounds fantastic. wish we would have seen the play.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

I love the idea of this journal. You will treasure being able to look back on it.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

Ouch! a scratched cornea sounds painful!
I bet you were a cute pregnant angel though:0)
How fun that you wrote two of the songs!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, this is my first (?) comment on your blog, although I read it all the time. Great play, terrific blogging!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home