Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Monday, February 04, 2008

Don't panic! I can still be cool.

A few days ago something happened. Something that I never thought in a million, billion years would ever happen to me. Not me. No way. No how. NEVER. We bought a mini van.

You ok?

I'll wait for you to climb back into your chair.

You back? Ok.

So we did it. We took the plunge and got a very nicely loaded 2005 Town & Country with (and I say whoo hoo here) heated leather seats. Again I say whoo hoo. As far as car purchases go I kind of realized that it was a necessity more than a want. But I kept saying to myself, "It's ok. You can put your Phish sticker up in the window and it will redeem some of your cool." Sad, but I was really putting all my phish into one basket.
So we are cleaning out my super cool sporty Jeep Liberty.
I open the back window to remove my beloved Phish sticker.
A possession that has been with me since, gosh at least the mid 90's.
Has traveled with me thousands of miles with three different vehicles.
I start peeling.
And it shreds before my very eyes. SHREDS. BEFORE MY EYES.

My jaw dropped. I gasped. I almost cried (ok not really, but let's just keep up the dramatics ok?)

But it is ok. Even though the band doesn't technically exist anymore, I can get a replacement.AND I can get a cute little baby hat for the boy.All is well. This means I can still be cool.

Right???

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

That hat looks a little pink...it's not pink is it?
PS- I think your mini van is quite cool!

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You poor dear! It will make travel much easier. I must admit, when it was time to outgrow the Carolla, we went to the Explorer. It is a hard decision to break down and buy a van! We just couldn't quite do it! You are a better woman than I!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Cassie said...

NOPE! :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

YAY! You did it! You'll love it, you will, I swear! I love my van!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Heather J Elder said...

I believe the purchase of this min-van symbolizes a whole new phase of you and Bj's life. It is the vehicle that will soon bring your new son home from the hospital, and the first vehicle you will all ride in together as a family, and it is the vehicle that will carry your beautiful, new family to it's new home on the East Coast. The van is just the beginning of the adventure!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will *always* be a super cool hot mama!!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, this is SO funny!!! but i'm all for heated leather seats - they are a total luxury!!! ;)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I identify with your angst. The salesman tried to make me feel better by saying I could put a soccer sticker in the window. Ha! He didn't understand AT ALL.
(heated seats would be nice)

(I figure 15 more years before I can go cute and sporty again). sigh.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was shortly after shopping for a mini-van (which we didn't buy after all) that i decided to get my nose pierced, just to remind myself that i truly was only 24 years old.

congrats on your new sweet ride :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

wait...when WERE you cool??? BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...just kiddin chica. you know you're groovy with your phish sticker. sorry about that. you should get the cheesiest soccer mom sticker you can find...i'm in full support!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you had me at heated seats.
mini vans rule
trying to help you reclaim some or your coolness.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

you can keep telling yourself you're cool, but, in the end, it's still a mini-van...

don't worry, I have enough coolness, I will share some with you ;)
j/k enjoy your new ride!

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

thud.........................j/k. I'm back. You are still cool w/ me. Yay for heated seats. I love mine too.

10:39 PM  
Blogger bookgrrrl said...

I love the hat!

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home