Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Friday, September 15, 2006

Flashback Friday:: A public service announcement

Just wanted to make everyone aware that the clothing industry has decided to bring back zippered jeans. You know, with the zippers at the ankles? You have GOT to be kidding me. Now I know how my Mama felt when capris came back out with full force. The thought "No way would I EVER go back there again" just keeps swirling in my mind. The leggings with the lace at the bottom I can handle...I always thought the "real" dancers in my tap class in college looked so cool in them and I always wanted an excuse to get some. But zippers? What is next? Wearing two socks at once in the "oh I thought I was so cool" black/white, white/black style? Pegging your pants? Do we not remember the issue of standing up and having to do the little dance to get the bottom of the legs to go back down below the calf? I gotta say, I am getting a bit nervous. However, if you are so inclined to go back to a dark (sorry acid washed) time in fashion they are selling them at gap.com

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Heather J Elder said...

I used to love pegging my pants. But then again, I owned at least one shirt with Mickey Mouse on it for most of my childhood. That doesn't mean that I want to wear one now!!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Charissa said...

Oh man.... at Gap? That can't be a good sign at all. Maybe if it had been Forever 21 (oops, sorry Katherine!). :D

8:08 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

ick
that's all I've got to say.
icky icky ick ick

10:33 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

You'll never catch me.....(again) wearing something like that!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Jenny L. said...

I knew I should have kept my old Guess jeans. ;P kidding, kidding!

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew!! i hate some of these old trends coming back in style. and they look like tapered leg jeans! not cool!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh.my.gosh.

What is the world coming to?

Honestly.

1:35 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Ooh, now that is SCARY!

I'm so glad I am past the stage of *being on fashion*? Hee hee. :)

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen leggings with the bubble skirts and heard at least one radio commercial mention leg warmers. If I see a "shaker stitch" sweater slung over on shoulder, it will be the end of my, fashion-wise.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Mary Jo said...

I also used to be a "pants pegger" :)
I am just finally enjoying boot cut, bell bottom, below waist (which hides the fact that I don't have a long enough torso) pants.
I do NOT want to go to the straight skinny jean :(
Been there, done that, can't do it again!!

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no
no
no
no
no
no

10:15 AM  
Blogger Amber Joy said...

Finally, I can get a pair of the 'cool' pants. But, wouldn't they look funny with a basketball belly poking over them!!!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home