Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand Six Hundred Minutes. All make up A Day in the Life of the Taylor trio.

march

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

18 months.

I can't believe it. You are now 18 months old. A year and a half. So close to two. Where in the world did all the time go? You are such an adventurous little girl. You are not afraid to go explore without me right there next to you. I love this independence-especially when you always want to come back to show me what you found. You love just about everyone you meet and after a few seconds you may even ask them to pick you up for a quick hug. At story time this week I actually let you get up from my lap and you walked up to the story time lady and sat down right next to her and just smiled. You just wanted to be a part of the action. You looked so big up there.

You are a girl of many words, although at the moment we can't quite understand most of them. You rattle on all day, talking to me, to yourself, and to whomever you are "talking to" on the phone. I love it when these conversations make you giggle. We can understand when you say baby, ball, dada, cat, hi, and if I am so lucky, mama. You can also sign eat, more, hungry, all done, hug, milk, splish splash (our sign for bath time), up, thank you, dog, frog, and bye-bye, and you know where your head, nose, cheek, lips, chin, ear, shoulder, belly, and almost your knees are. If I ask you to get a ball, or a book, or your duck or your dog, you happily bring them to me. There is nothing better than a kiss from you except maybe watching you dance, shoulders moving up and down, hands clapping and feet stomping. It is a sight to see.

You don't get to watch much TV, but you do love Jack's Big Music Show and Sesame Street. You laugh and dance and clap your hands every time Jack starts singing, and you just love it when Mel gets hit with the gong. Instant giggles every time. I really like to watch it with you because it is my only time to sit and cuddle with you. You are just always on the go now.

Now I can't say that you are happy all the time as you can throw one heck of a tantrum, complete with full body thrusting to get out of my arms. You have a REALLY good mad look where you scrunch up your face, poke out your lips and breath heavily. Can I just tell you now how unattractive that face is? Really. And I saw a lot of it during these past two weeks because we have been trapped inside because of super cold temperatures and tons of snow. I wonder if 30 years from now people will be talking about "the blizzard of '07." Yes I know that storm in '76 was really bad, but remember it was 31 years ago ;)

You are very helpful to Mama as you always pick up your foot when it is time to put on your pants, put your arm through the hole, and if I say we are going bye-bye, you will go over and start trying to put on your shoes.

Now that you are a full fledged walker, I am becoming more and more excited for the summer to come. I just can't wait to go to the park with you. To go for walks again. To go swimming again. To just run around outside. To remember what being a kid is like again. Can I just say again that I am the luckiest?
p.s. photo to come, Lily is napping right now :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Shelly Brewer said...

You have such a way with words! This is so sweet.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they grow up too fast huh?

7:51 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Great tribute! Save it for a page!

9:07 AM  
Blogger michelle_d said...

You really have an wonderful way of putting your feelings down. This is so special :)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tell you what you and elizabeth are amazing when it comes to letters to your girls about milestone ages. Your journaling is done! add a picture and voila another effortless, graceful, heartful page by taylorm!
btw-did you check out my xmas pictures- there are some of denny teehehehehehehe :)

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home